Volunteering as a subject matter expert for the Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certification Academy™
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Certification Academy™, the only Clinical Certificate and Specialty Certification program in POCUS designed to demonstrate your clinical proficiency, pride in your profession and ongoing commitment to patient care and safety.
As a non-profit organization, we are always looking for volunteer subject matter experts to contribute their POCUS expertise by creating content and overseeing the quality of our certificate and certifications. We currently have more than 116 subject-matter expert volunteers from more than 15 different countries helping to develop the future of POCUS certification. It would be an honor for us to have you as part of the community.
There are many ways for you to volunteer your time and customize it to fit your busy schedule:
- Share your insights about POCUS
- Help promote the program to your colleagues
- Participate in networking/educational initiatives
- Be engaged in the leadership and program governance
- Share ultrasound media (videos) and much more.
Some of the many benefits of volunteering include:
- Giving back to the profession and helping to improve global health and the practice of POCUS
- Being part of an exclusive global community of POCUS superusers
- Expanding your skill set in POCUS
- Networking and community building opportunities
- Influencing the future of our programs
To apply for volunteer opportunities, click here.
Below are the specific volunteer opportunities currently available for the POCUS Academy:
- Case Authors: Create clinical cases for assessments using content-specific templates. Case creation includes the submission of case media (where possible), writing narratives, providing patient data (such as vitals) and identifying answers for templated questions. Use cases from your day-to-day life, but make sure to use at least two videos for each case.
- Case Reviewer: You will review drafted clinical cases. Reviews will be completed independently or with staff in a virtual meeting. You’ll be asked to make sure the cases are accurate and free of clinical content errors.
- Governance: Help define the strategic direction of the POCUS Certification Academy. Assist with the development and review of policies and procedures and monitor ongoing POCUS Certification Academy performance.
- Media Contributors: Donate POCUS videos to be used in the creation of clinical cases as HIPAA-compliant media becomes available to contribute. Videos are preferred in .mp4 format and each case must include at least two videos. Please find more information regarding submission requirements and desired cases (pathologies) here.
- POCUS Fundamentals Item Writer: Using the online Remote Item Writing platform, write multiple choice questions for the POCUS Fundamentals assessment covering topics concerning Instrumentation, Basic Principles of Ultrasound, Ultrasound Artifacts, Safety and Bio-effects.
Click here for more information about the POCUS Certification Academy™. To apply for volunteer opportunities, click here.